Monday, July 5, 2010

If you're happy and you know it...

Well, I've not written in a while. Things have been good, some bad, but that's life. I've only got a month left til the shipyard. Very nervous and very excited. When I see Nikki and Aaron at work now, it doesn't make me quite feel like I've been donkey kicked in the stomach anymore. So that's a bonus. Sure, it still sucks, but I think I'm really just finally being happy with myself and life. Also everything that I have.

Last Thursday I got to go to lunch with Abby, who(m?) I haven't seen since last year. It was good to sit down and relax, have a good lunch and catch up. She's a wonderful person to talk to, and really compassionate. I was off work Friday so Mak and I went to my aunt's pool, hung out and she then went to grandma's while I went to see Eclipse that night with Brooke, and then we met up with Edward and Derek after the movie for bowling. It was hilarious. I haven't laughed that much in forever, but the end of the night kinda threw me off. See, I know my buddy Edward has always liked me..but he's just not my type, I see him as a brother and that's it. Plus he is married. I enjoy hanging out with him, he's a great friend, but that's it. And he was drunk after bowling, texting me asking if I was going to come over, and watch a movie, etc etc. Just makes me really uncomfortable because I don't want to ruin the friendship but I don't like comments like that. I don't really know what to do. Ugh.

But...on a happier note, I met this guy, Mark. I did meet him from Plenty of Fish (which I have deleted my account by now) but we talked briefly before but it never really seemed to go anywhere. Anyway, I deleted my account because I was tired of trying to find someone and only finding weirdo people. So I was content with just being happy alone. Then Mark texted me again asking how I was, etc. We ended up talking a bit, and he wanted to meet. We had lunch Saturday and went for coffee afterwards. Well, he had coffee, I have a chocolate drink lol. But it went really well. He had me laughing the whole time. He was easy to get along with, quick to make you laugh. Plus he still believes in chivalry, opened all my doors, etc. He has a 17 month old son that he has custody of, so he understands the whole having a kid thing. I don't know. I'm really liking talking to him. We had plans to see the fireworks last night, but it didn't work out. But we're hanging out again sometime this week. It'd be sweet if it worked out, because he is such a sweet guy and I do like him thus far, but I'm determind not to get my hopes up. Saturday was his birthday so he went out later that night, but he kept in contact with me the whole time. I joked and said "meeting lots of cute girls for your birthday?" and he wrote back and said "nope you're still on my mind so not interested in them." It made me smile like a school girl. Lol. Oiy.

Today at work has been...blah. We're kinda sorta busy, and running on a very skeleton crew. I'm already counting down until I get off. Seven more hours...and counting....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, Tara. :) It means a lot to me. I had an awesome time with you on Thursday! When I get back from Philly we should get together for lunch again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only speak the truth, Abby! And I would love to get lunch with you again, just let me know when you're able to! Have a great time in Philly. :)

    ReplyDelete